From humble beginnings in 2012 MTB Beds now provides some of the most exciting Downhill and Enduro holidays available anywhere in the World. From the high Alpine peaks of Morzine to the dusty, technical single track of Finale Ligure there is something for everyone.
We are looking for chef and host couples to run our industry renowned Riders Week Chalets in Morzine.
You should both be experienced in customer facing roles, be presentable, personable, always smiling be and excited by the Morzine summer, especially mountain biking. At least the host part of the team will be a keen mountain biker.
Both reporting to the Resort Manager, the host needs to have a strong background in environments we would consider to be valuable, these include customer facing, time sensitive roles that have required you to think for yourself and been under pressure to deliver.
The chef should be absolutely motivated by cooking outstanding plates of food, we're not interested in chalet cooks who want to phone in a bolognese. We offer classic dishes cooked with love and care, simplicity and correct cooking is key for us. Using high-quality ingredients we expect a great breakfast 6 days a week and a memorable two-course dinner 5 nights a week.
Full training will be provided to the right couple, both in the kitchen and front of house.
The Successful Chef applicant will;
- Have a chefs qualification or extensive experience in a similar role
- Have a desire to create food that is both delicious and exciting
- Be calm under pressure and adaptable to different customers needs and tastes
- Be presentable, personable professional humble and outgoing, able to converse with any client
- Be comfortable shopping and ordering in a foreign language
- Be able to work to a plan and menu costings
- Have a full driving license
The successful Host applicant will
- Be a keen mountain biker with extensive knowledge of the Portes du Soleil
- Be a team player, there is no I in MTB Beds
- Be adaptable to different customers needs and always think on the front foot
- Be presentable, personable, professional, humble and outgoing, able to converse with any client
- Be willing to learn
- Have exceptional customer service skills, be courteous, humble and always available to provide what the client is looking for, even before they know they want it.
- Have experience in a customer facing role
- Have strong communication and a need to be organised
- Have a full driving license
The dates for these positions are June - September 2022
The package includes the following;
- Competitive wage
- Accommodation in central Morzine chalet
- Full FOX riding kit
- Day trips to neighbouring resorts
- Full Portes du Soleil season lift pass
- Travel to & from the UK
- Opportunity to work in our other destinations including Aosta, Finale Ligure and Austria
- Opportunity to work for a rider owned company with real future possibilities
These are live in, or live out roles.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you please send your CV and a covering letter detailing your knowledge of Morzine, the Portes du Soleil and a paragraph about what your idea day riding bikes in the Alps would be.
If this sounds like you please send a resume and a covering letter detailing how long you have spent in Morzine, a 5 day menu plan and a paragraph about your ideal day out in the Alps on, or off a mountain bike to;